john hancock travel insurance reviews
Welcome to our blog, find there the best john hancock travel insurance reviews.
As a leading travel insurance company founded in 1862, John Hancock Insurance Agency, Inc. offers emergency travel assistance, including coverage for missed, canceled, and interrupted trips caused by severe weather, illness, strikes, or supplier failures. Starr Indemnity & Liability Company underwrites the company and Seven Corners, Inc., headquartered in Indiana, administers it.
The John Hancock website is fairly basic, but it offers good coverage limits, customizable add-ons, and a few exclusions. John Hancock Travel Insurance reviews have generally been positive due to their high service standards. In this guide, we will examine the various factors that contribute to the success and long-standing reputation of this insurer.
This is how we rate it
In order to write a review of John Hancock Travel Insurance, we investigated multiple factors without bias. Consumers use a wide range of factors to determine whether they should use a service or not. Examples include:
- Coverage types and add-ons offered by John Hancock
- do not include these elements
- of travel insurance
- Easy claims processing
- Ratings and reviews of John Hancock Travel Insurance
- Customer service that is responsive
- when compared to other travel insurance companies
- Stability and financial strength
Where can I find it?
All US states, including DC and Puerto Rico, are authorized to do business with John Hancock Travel Insurance, Inc. The company has offices in Massachusetts and Indiana.
303 Congressional Blvd., Carmel, IN 46032 is the Indiana address for customer service and claims.
Review of John Hancock Travel Insurance
Travel insurance coverage from John Hancock includes trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss, emergency medical care, and accidental death coverage.
The company offers Bronze, Silver, and Gold plans:
Bronze plans are good for travelers who are traveling with their families or on an economy ticket, as they offer affordable basic coverage in line with their visa requirements. Included in this plan:
- Cancellation insurance of 100%
- and interruption insurance of 125%
- Up to $750 coverage for emergency dental expenses with $50,000 coverage for accident or sickness medical expenses.
- In case of an emergency evacuation, medical evacuation, or repatriation of remains, $250,000 emergency travel insurance is provided.
- There is also $25,000 accidental death insurance.
- Delay baggage insurance for 12 hours or more is $250.
- A $200 change fee is charged for airline tickets.
- The fee for a three-hour delay in travel is $500.
- $200 for missing a connection
- is up to $200 in reimbursement.
In addition to these benefits, the basic plan also provides coverage up to 75% for cancellations, $300,000 for air flight only AD&D, and $50,000 for rental car damage if you choose to add a rider package. In addition, it covers a change of itinerary in case of a terror attack.
The Silver Plan offers all the coverage of the Basic Plan with a higher limit for a modest premium increase. It includes:
- Interruption coverage of 150%
- Medical coverage of up to $100,000 for accident or sickness medical expenses as well as up to $750 for emergency dental care
- A total of $500,000 is available in the event of an evacuation, repatriation due to medical reasons, or repatriation of remains.
- There is a $100,000 allowance for accidental death or dismemberment (AD&D).
- There is a $1,000 allowance for baggage or personal effects.
- If the baggage is delayed by 12 hours or more, there is a $500 penalty.
- If the delay is 3 hours or more, it is 750 dollars.
- If the connection is missed, it is 750 dollars
In addition, it offers coverage for changes in itinerary in case of a terror attack for 90 days.
The John Hancock Gold travel insurance plan has the highest coverage limits and is therefore suitable for families or business travelers with valuable items. Silver Plan coverage plus higher limits:
- $750 emergency dental coverage for accident or illness medical expenses up to $250,000
- If there is an emergency evacuation, medical evacuation, or repatriation of remains, $1,000,000 will be paid
- for baggage and personal effects covered by $2,500
- and $1,000 for travel delays of 3 hours or more
- and missing connections of $1,000
Depending on the policyholder’s needs, John Hancock Insurance Company plans can be tailored to fit each tier. Coverage varies by state, however.
john hancock travel insurance reviews – TOP 10
“My flight was cancelled and no flights were available for this and the following days. I didn’t get any refund from airline for the cancelation because it was connected flight. We rented a car and drove 16 hours to get home next day. I filed the claim and got a full refund for car rental and other expenses on the way back. Claim was paid within 2 months. I would use this insurance again.”Olga K.
“I’m glad I never had to use this insurance but it made for a more relaxing vacation knowing if something did happen I was covered.”
“My cruise was cancelled. So I was unable to use the insurance.”
“Didn’t file a claim, but I did have to alter the time period of coverage, and John Hancock was good about adjusting that.”
“Didn’t need but certainly glad We had it for traveling post pandemic. The plan provided peace of mind allowing us to travel in Europe following local protocols for safety.”
“Had no occasion to use benefits/compensation, but process for enrolling seemed smooth enough.”
“Great peace of mind!”
“I sent all of my receipts and proof of airline changes. They did not try arguing and just paid the claim. I’m super happy. This is the first time I’ve ever filed a travel claim.”
Robin L. would
“Good plan and reasonable pricing. I was disappointed by the fact that they do not cover baggage delay to your primary residence. Our bag was delayed more than 24 hours but this wasn’t eligible for claim as per the representative.”
“This plan fit our needs very well, including the pricing. I will definitely be looking to John Hancock for future trips.”